AMD Catalyst Control Center and a few programs resets my monitor calibration

Chrmdthm

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Hello. I calibrated my monitor using the Windows (7) calibration tool. It usually works well, but it gets reset if I open Catalyst Control Center or Archeage (a game). I have an AMD 7700 series card. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Thank you.

Solution
Do you use CCC for adjustments or settings? If not, you can uninstall it and install the AMD drivers only. If you do use it for other settings I would recommend simply making your adjustments to the color calibration using CCC and disable the windows 7 calibrations since it seems to be overriding them anyhow.
Do you use CCC for adjustments or settings? If not, you can uninstall it and install the AMD drivers only. If you do use it for other settings I would recommend simply making your adjustments to the color calibration using CCC and disable the windows 7 calibrations since it seems to be overriding them anyhow.

Solution

carmona87

Reputable
May 14, 2014
What do you calibrate your monitor for? To get more or less good colours or the have a reliable view?
Calibrating with the windows calibration tool is calibrating with your eyes, and your eyes perceive the colors in relation to the ambient light conditions. So for absolute correct colors, you have to calibrate with a calibration tool like a Spyder4 (a puck with sensors that measure objectively).

Regarding your problem, I would try to deactivate the entry of the catalyst in the system startup list of the msconfig.

Chrmdthm

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

I decided to use CCC to calibrate now. As for the game, I think it is the game and not my card because other people with AMD and nVidia are having this issue as well.