Any serious games for Android?

I'm once again considering getting a tablet, as I don't do a lot of gaming anymore, and this cluster**** with damaged hardware may have just pushed it over the edge. Trying to build my PC, I've run into no end of problems, ranging from my CPU cooler arriving warped to my integrated audio distorting regardless of updates. Nearly half of my parts arrived defective, hard as it seems to believe.

It might finally be enough to push me over the edge away from serious gaming, since I was heading that direction anyway. It's just a pity I depleted my savings buying and replacing the parts first. Now I have two options.

1) Sell the working parts and peripherals of my PC to regain some of my losses, and get a Nexus 7 for general web browsing and some extremely light gaming. Net loss would be around -$300.

2) Spend another $200 replacing my motherboard and PSU, and hope that fixes the last of the issues. Net loss from this ordeal would be -$900, assuming nothing else is defective.

Having said that, I don't *totally* want to quit gaming, so is anyone aware of any decent, serious games for an Android OS? Top candidates right now are Dead Trigger and Ravensword. Any others?

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
From my experience IOS does have the lead when it comes to more demanding games being available for each platform. I have a kindle fire and an iPad 3 and over the years I've seen a lot more demanding games on the ipad compared to the kindle (it uses a disguised version of android), so I would recommend looking into an iPad mini. The only problem with the iPad could be the storage issue, because you're stuck with the GB you buy since it doesn't have a micro SD card slot.

I've played dead trigger, infinity blade, Gangstar, GTA, Real Racing, Fifa 14, Oceanhorn, and a few other games by Gameloft on my iPad. A tablet works for any type of game except first person shooters, because those games are difficult to control using the touchscreen.

I wouldn't really call it a true gaming experience, it's more like something you would do while you're bored/ have free time on the go. I barely play games now on my tablet and mainly use it for the internet, which it works great for.

So honestly if you sell your pc to get a tablet you will be in a sense, giving up on full fledged titles and will only be playing the light stuff, so consider that if you choose to sell your pc parts. It's a shame you had so many defective parts during your build, I guess you were just unlucky. I can't say for sure whether or not the pc parts will work, but if you wanted to save some money and go for an H81 chipset, that's always an option:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($78.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $137.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-06 02:33 EDT-0400

Sorry if something didn't make sense here, I'm typing this at 1:39 a.m :sleep:

Hmm. Thanks for pointing that out. Not a fan of Apple's business model, but there seem to be quite a few hardcore games on IOS compared to Android, now that you mention it. Looks like IOS actually has Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which was one of my favorite PSP games. I still emulate it sometimes on my PC.

Still, I was alright with pushing gaming to the sidelines (I'm more into trees, a specific woman who also likes trees, and other such things...), so an Apple device is still not a very likely option, since if I was really going to prioritize gaming I'd just go to any lengths to fix my PC. I don't mean to cause any confusion; 90% of my PC use is simply internet access. I just game a few hours a week now, and although my GTX 750 Ti is epic for that kind of use, I don't think I'd miss it if I could round up just a few decent time-killing sorts of games [albeit with a more serious style than Flappy Bird 3D, lol].

Anyway, I suppose that brings me full-circle back to the question. Thought-provoking as the IOS suggestion was, I'd still mostly like to hear any possible suggestions for Android games. I know there aren't many 'real' games available, really there don't need to be many.

Thanks, yes, but I haven't generally liked the FF series. I've only played 11 and 13, but both had many of the same traits I didn't like. Mostly related to the writing. I've heard the earlier ones were better, but still I'd rather not take the risk.

I've changed my mind about tablets a bit. I'm now firmly going with the Nvidia Shield Tablet (not the Shield shield, but just the tablet that bears the same name). This one, I mean. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834762001&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-All+Tablets-_-N82E16834762001&gclid=Cj0KEQjw4aqgBRCvwLDi_8Tc54YBEiQAs6DLvMBjf6-yj3UuyKnGdqve4_ac3uaRMZptv-ar55ipemMaAgnY8P8HAQ

Reason being, even though it's at least $70 more expensive than a Nexus 7, it comes pre-installed with some apps I'd otherwise have to buy separately, and the features they're advertising (like the GPU accelerated stylus for more responsive digital art) sound like they'd fit me well. Access to Tegra-specific effects are a nice bonus as well, as the only other decent tablet to offer that seems to be the EVGA Tegra Note, which is apparently fragile by comparison to the Nexus 7 or Shield Tablet.