Switch from Dedicated Graphics card to integrated

tommybc

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I am selling my nvidia gpu today and I don't currently have a spare gpu so I will have to use my motherboard or CPU, my CPU is i7 2600k which has acceptable inbuilt graphics so could you please give me the best method in doing all of this?

Solution
And get the latest Intel driver direct from Intel's site. It has a software tool that can AUTO SCAN your system to recommend updates.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

It should be as simple as this, unless the integrated graphics are disabled in the bios. You would have likely done it yourself in that case though.

Won't make a difference as there is no GPU, but yes uninstalling them would be good just for the sake of it, don't forget to install latest Intel drivers :)

tommybc

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
thanks for all the help, now though, for some reason the computer is restarting by itself (while i'm using it)approx every 20 minutes, anyway i can fix this without getting a new gpu?

tommybc

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
yes first i uninstalled nvidia drivers and then installed the linked intel graphics drivers, it doesnt crash it just restarts like it would when you click the windows restart button

-From the Desktop right-click on My Computer.
-Click the Properties option.
-In the System Properties window click the Advanced tab or the Advanced system settings link.
-In Advanced click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
-In the Startup and Recovery window uncheck the Automatically restart check box.
-Click Ok.

It'll most likely not restart on its own again and will instead show an error (if there's any) so that we can investigate further.

tommybc

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
actually it happened again moments ago and i think its due to my psu and not winodws as now its just shutting down abruptly with no notification or anything, (if you see my previous thread) i was using a faultyish psu which shut down after about 10 mins when playing games, and never any times other than that, but now after removing the gpu,now though its shutting down by itself even when not playing games after uninstalling the gpu

tommybc

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
yes your probably rightand i have a better psu to spare anyway, but when i get a new gpu ill test it out with the current faulty psu and check if that fixes it (for without playing games at least) the only difference now though, is when i played games it would shut down and i would have to unplug it for 10 minutes before i could plug in and turn it back on again, but now when it shuts down (without the gpu) while doing even nothing/ very low intensive tasks it starts back up immediately after shutting down

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

I would avoid checking a brand new GPU with a known faulty PSU, you're asking to lose a ton of money there. I wouldn't attach anything to a PSU I think is going bad unless I didn't care if it died with it.