Monitor showing "No DVI Signal" on my new Build.

domerocked

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
So I just got done building my first PC. Everything looked great, but when I hit the power button the computer turns on normally but there is no DVI signal on my monitor. Also, a friend told me to try and connect the DVI cable directly to the DVI port on the motherboard to bypass the GPU until I updated the GPU Drivers but I found that my mobo does not have any ports for DVI on the I/O panel so I can't. It also doesnt have an HDMI port so I can't try that either.

Monitor: Asus VG248
Motherboard: MSI X99s SLI Plus
CPU: Intel i7 5820k
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 770
PSU: Corsair HX750
RAM: Avexir Platinum DDR4 Series
Case: NZXT H440
Water Cooling: NZXT Kraken X41

Again, this was my first time building a PC so I'm not too familiar and I'm pretty stumped at the moment. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

domerocked

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014

I can't use an HDMI cable or a Display Port cable because there is no place on the PC to plug them in. Yes, GPU's fans are working.

Your graphics card has HDMI and DisplayPort ports on it.

It may even have 2 DVI ports. You didnt say which specific model of 770 you had, they vary somewhat.

Your monitor may be broken as well, you never said what kind of monitor you had.
Your 770 should have these ports on the back:
DVI-D Dual-Link 1
DVI-I Dual-Link 1
DisplayPort 1
HDMI 1

Did you get the right cable for the right port?
181px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

domerocked

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014

Okay I found the HDMI port on the GPU and plugged it in, no dice. Then I plugged in a HDMI from a xbox 360 into the Asus' HDMI port and it worked, so we can rule out the monitor. The GPU Has a DVI-I Dual Link and a DVI-D Dual Link. I have tried them both to no avail. The cable I used came straight from the Asus box so I'm pretty sure its the correct one. The GPU is EVGA Geforce GTX 770 PCI Express 3.0. Monitor is Asus VG248.

Well, it's either the GPU or the motherboard then.

You could buy an ultra cheap $20 GPU so you can test if it's the motherboard. Your motherboard has no video out, so the only way it could send video is thru a graphics card. any cheap graphics card can provide video, and thats all you need to see if it works.

TRENDING THREADS