Asus M31AC i7 - All Western Digital not recognized

maxfarina

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I bought this computer 8 months ago and I didn't solve this problem yet, incredible!
No updates of the system available, no solution from Asus, two times in asus Techical Support fisically without success
The problem is very strange: all Western Digital HD are not recognized in USB 3.0
They work fine into a USB 2.0 port ,but if I plugged in USB 3.0 they don't work
Any other brand work fine: I tryed with Toshiba, Samsung, Porsche, they all works fine both on USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
But if I try with any type of Western Digital HD, they don't work on USB 3.0 but only on USB 2.0
I tryed many types of Western Digital HD: My Passport Ultra 2TB, My Book Essential 3TB, My Passport, WD Elements Portable 500Mb and 1TB
Can anyone offer any help or suggestions? Thanks.

maxfarina

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Philip,
thanks for your LINK, I look but I didn't find the solution
My proplem is not out of date driver or connection, becouse all HDD works fine on USB 3.0 except all Western Digital brand
I

maxfarina

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
I returned the computer to the manufacturer 2 times!!!
The ASUS technical support is terrible, they cannot change and repair the computer becouse on the other brand (Toshiba, Samsung, ecc...) it works fine!
They told me that they have not Western Digital HD to test available, but all the others device worked fine
With ASUS no way to solve the problem, and the warranty is not valid becouse the solution for ASUS is...don't buy western digital!
Someone offer some suggestions???
thanks!