Jun 23, 2014
Hello everyone. I have the following build:

cpu: I5 3570k @ 3.4ghz
cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
motherboard: msi Z77A-G43
memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
gpu: Asus 6600 Ti DirectCu II Top 2gb
psu: XFX core edition psu pro 550W

After some experiments and reading about overclock on I5, I was able to set the cpu clock to 4.4ghz. The vcore is set to 1.176v (offset to +0.08) and I got 79ºC maximum temperature after running Prime95 for 14 hours on default settings with 0 crashes and errors.
The average temp in full load is about 75ºC and on idle is 37ºC (important to say that the ambient temp on my house is about 27-29 ºC).

This is my first overclock and I want to ask you guys, if this is a stable overclock that I can use on a daily basis or should I try to lower the voltage a bit?

Thank you for you help.

As a fellow 3570K owner, I'd say that seems like a perfectly reasonable OC. I have an almost identical OC on mine, at roughly the same voltages and with similar ambient temps, though my highest temp lately has been around 70°c. As always, if you can keep the voltage low then you should try and do so until the OC becomes unstable.

BakumatsuX

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
Thank you for your sugestion. I've tried some games since the oc (dead rising 3, skyrim with a bunch of mods and enb, tomb raider 2013) and got temps around 56-62 ºC. Still I gonna try to lower the voltage a bit and see what I get.

BakumatsuX

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014

Following your sugestion, I tried to lower the offset of the vcore to +0.04, which set the voltage to 1.14v. Got an error about 2 hours in during the stress tests. The max temp on that was about 73ºC.
Next, I set the offset to 0.06 (vcore: 1.152v) and got 76ºC maximum temp while running prime95 for 8 hours straight. Didn't have any crashes or errors.
Quick question: after achieving the desired overclock, should I enable the eist, intel turbo boost and enhanced turbo options or do I leave them disabled?

My sincere apologies for taking such a long time to answer, but I have been without internet for quite a while. In response to your question, I would leave everything as it is if the system is stable during testing. It seems like you got a better deal in the silicon lottery than I did, as I have been forced to reduce my OC to just 4.2GHz after it became highly unstable. Congrats :D