Vertical blue stripes

dimashr12345

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014
Hello, everyone!

Since yesterday I started having a weird problem with my Dell Vostro 1310 (Windows XP). While browsing the web in Firefox, I noticed vertical blue stripes on the top bar. I thought it was a Firefox problem, so I closed it down. But when I was on my desktop, it was covered in the same stripes. Here's what it looks like.
stripes2.jpg

I could work on the laptop OK, but these stripes were covering the whole screen and were very annoying. The first thing I've done after this is rebooted my laptop. It didn't help. The stripes appeared again shortly after boot. Sometimes, they disappear, but will appear again in some time. The strange thing about them is that they don't cover the whole screen, just the dark areas and images! Others just become brighter. Sometimes they even appear on boot and when shutting down.

I definitely know that this is not the monitor problem, because when I connected it to my TV I had the same problem.

I am using an Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS graphics card. Recently, I had nv4_disp.dll problem with it, which I solved by completely uninstalling the driver. My laptop worked fine since then, but I started having this problem. Unlike the last one, it doesn't make the computer freeze, it still works.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with it. This is very annoying.

SurgioGomez

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
thats messed up man! i bet it has something to do with the graphics card but im no expert so i cant really give you much advise there. Good luck though man. How long have you had the GPU? do you have another rig you could test the GPU in?

dimashr12345

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014

With some help I figured out this is a GPU problem. It's a problem with RGB. When the screen is black, they should turn off but B remains lit up.

dimashr12345

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014

I didn't change any settings. It's definitely a defective.