Wondering if I should upgrade to Win 8.1 from Win7

BrianAshmore

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
Hello, helpful boys and girls!

I have a laptop with an intel i3 and intel hd 3000 (it's 3 years old) that I use to play League of Legends and World of Warcraft on, and do daily surfing and watching of videos.

I read almost everywhere I looked that windows 8 is superior to windows 7 in performance and takes up less system resources. Now, given my processor and (lack of) graphics, I can use every scrap of system resources I can get. But Windows 8 is new, and therefore I'm not sure if my laptop would be able to handle it and if I won't get negative performance and FPS results if I do upgrade.

Any advice, information, testimonies would be greatly appreciated!

BrianAshmore

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

Why do you hate it so much? The only reason I didn't try it out already because before 8.1 came out, metro was the only option and it didn't have the task/status bar and start menu.

popatim

Titan
Its still not like 7.
They gave us a start button but its not a start button like you think/ Like 7.

When your tired of going to this corner for one thing and that corner for another or having to press keystrokes to do something you used to do with a rt click, heck even exiting one of those Metro Apps... I just get fed up with it. Let an American program it again. We're nice fat and lazy and The interface will be sleek and simple without having to do 30 retarded things to do it.
Remember when windows made sense? Like when you didn't know how to do something so you'd think "How would I do it" and then try it and "Hey! That's how you do it"? - that's when it was programmed by Americans.
Windows 8 you will find yourself Googling to figure out how to do it.

Same with Office btw...

I don't know who does the programming now but what a bunch of ....
People want one stop shopping. MegaMalls, Drive Thru's, Super Walmarts/Kmarts/Costco's (We have drive thru Pizza here!)
No one wants to run around all over town to do things anymore, and certainly not on their screen either.

Now on a 10 inch pad its not sucha big deal, but you get on someones huge 4k tv's with one of those little touchpad remotes, you'll see what I mean.