PC Gaming Headset: Astro A40 vs A50 vs G930, Which one should I buy?

Vitor90

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014
Hey guys,

I wanna buy a good PC Headset for gaming and I`m willing to pay $250 for it.
I`ve read some reviews and rankings on the internet, and so far I've chosen Logitech G930. But I`ve also saw the A40 and A50, they are awesome but more expensive.

Perks that I look in a Headset:
- Good audio quality
- Comfort
- Durability

Could you guys help me decide? Do you recommend one of these three or maybe another headset?

Thanks for the help!

The Sennheiser G4ME Zero is a really nice headset around your price range. I'm personally getting a Creative Sound Blaster Evo ZXR next month, but that's because I need it to be portable and noise cancelling. If you're willing to spend $250, the A50s are not a bad choice at all, and you will notice a difference between them and the Logitech.

Vitor90

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014
I'll look into that Sennheiser.. but I mean is there a big quality difference between the Astros and the G930 that really justifies the price difference? Because I could pay the $250 but I rather pay the $115 for the G930 if the quality difference is not that big. Plus, I'm just gonna use it to play games anyway, I dont need THE perfect sound, if you know what I mean...

There will be better sound quality, the sound will "feel" better, and the build quality will be better. They will last longer, and over time, unless you abuse them, you'll get your money's worth just because they'll last longer. If you play fps games, the better headphones will also allow you to tell where people are based on their footsteps more easily.