Are all these parts compatible?

realywierd

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
Hey guys. I'm building my first pc, and I think I have all the parts picked out, but I wanted a community to take a look and confirm that everything I've picked out is compatible. Also any suggestions if you think something is a very bad choice even if it is compatible.

What do I plan to use this for? Primarily gaming, and league of legends is most of what I will be playing, though I will still play some other things, like WoW or Diablo. So I want power, but I don't need the absolute max on speed and power, but I do want it to be "very powerful". Ie, I'm not going to buy the best just cause its the best but its $500 more. I don't plan on over clocking, but It would be nice to have the option later if I so choose.

Anyway here is my list:

CPU- Intel i7-4790k

Motherboard- Z97 pro

Graphics- EVGA Geforce GTX760 2GB ACX

Ram- D624 Supertalent 4GB DDR3-1600Mhz X2 This one I'm not sure about. It's a brand I've never heard of, but a guy at a walk in store put this one down for ram. Anybody know anything about this brand?
If I don't go with this super talent, I would go with the Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR3-1600Mhz

HardDrive- Samsung 250GB 2.5" Evo Series SATA3 SSD

Disk drive- Asus DRW-24F1st 24x SATA DVD+/-RW Drive

Power supply- Seasonic S12G-650 650W ATX12V/EPS12V

Case- Raidmax Viper Gx

Monitor- VS248H

I think that is everything. Does everything look like it will be compatible? Any input on the ram? Any other input you'd like to give? I'd love to hear it,

Thanks

BustaRhymes

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
Yes they are compatable but I would get an i5 4690K and a GTX 770 (4GB model if it fits your budget) instead. You spend about $100 less on processor and $100 more on graphics cards. This would make your system more powerful as the CPU and GPU are more equal in power. The i7 would be held back by the GTX 760 so it's kind of a waste.

Hope it helps.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
The i7 would NOT be held back by the 760, however I agree with the above post. Grab an i5 4690k and EVGA GTX 770 (personal opinion, I like EVGA above all else).

Besides that, good luck on the build and have fun.

realywierd

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
I think I forgot to mention that I was planning on doing some streaming. I was reading that that extra cpu power from the i7 was useful for streaming. Thoughts?

if this pc is for gaming then dont waste your money on a i7 . i5 4690k will perform equally the GPU will give you the performance boost in games so get a gtx 770 or r9 280x and for ram go with 2 x 4 gb of vengence or gskill ripjaw ram.
plus you will also need a aftermarket cooler if you intend to overclock the processor so coolermaster hyper hyper 212 evo is a good choice for moderate oc and if you want something better then noctua d15 one of the best air cooler.

BustaRhymes

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
Yea I would try to get name brand RAM but the other stuff should be ok as long as it works. I've always went with crucial ram and they have never let me down yet.

About the ram if you have already got the 8 gb ram then it would be a waste of money to buy another but for reference as i have already told earlier get 2x4 gb of ram brand doesn't really matters a costly brand will not give you any performance boost and vice verse.