GPU fanblade has broken off

bakinbacon

Reputable
May 24, 2014
One of my GPU's fanblade got knocked off about 2 months ago and I've been kinda ignoring it but now I want to deal with it because it gets annoying when it starts to rattle.

the graphics card is an evga geforce gtx 650. I'm not sure if there are any replacement fans out there so I might have to fix it myself. I've read that you can balance the fan off by removing 2 more fanblades. I'm posting here to see if I should do that or if I should epoxy the fanblade back on.

I'm not sure how I would go about gluing the fanblade back on because I know that epoxy takes some time to dry and I don't want to hold the fanblade for hours with my hands.

If it is not a good idea to remove the fanblades, is there anyone here who knows a good method to epoxy gluing the blade back on?

Well, that should have a three year warranty. If you've had it for less than 3 years I'd RMA it to EVGA. It's a common problem on those units and it seems most others who've sent RMA requests for the broken blade has been approved.

bakinbacon

Reputable
May 24, 2014
i bought this from a friend so i will have to check how long he's had it and if he will be able to rma it for me.