8800 ultra driver stopped responding and has recovered

Nikolagiga

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
I got 8800 ultra and decided to try it on my pc. On pc I have 8800 gts. First two weeks card worked great. Today I got this -driver stopped responding and has recovered- message. It happens when I start a game. Game freezes but sometimes I get BSOD and pc restarts. This doesn't happen with 8800 gts.

Also I can't even start OCCT test for GPU, same thing, pc freezes. I noticed there are also dots on screen when this occurs.

I have latest drivers and i think my thermaltake 530w psu is enough for this card (rest of components are amd athlon X2 64 5000+, 4 gb ram, msi k9n neo v2 motherboard).

So I just want to know is grafic card the problem or it can be something else. Like I said card worked great for two weeks.

Heat Mike Park

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
are u overclocking it? maybe thats causing the GPU to stop working it happens with me when i overclock my card more than it can handle

Nikolagiga

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
No, not overclock it runs on stock clock (hope I said that correct).

Anyway I might have sloved the problem by running system restore. I tried this this morrning and after it was done no more driver failures. Probably it was something with driver installation or I don't know what, but it seems that it works ok now.

Thank you for reply anyway.