Rate this build

06fordfx4

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
Alright, so im looking to build my first PC with a main use as gaming, and Photoshop/light video editing. went onto pcpartspicker, and picked a few things. Keep in mind im a total noob, and there may be better parts/prices i could pick that would still work for me.

Budget is $1000, max (yes i can go a little over) however, if i can get similiar performance, for cheaper im all for it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/06FordFX4/saved/hDwmP6

i dont play intense games, but plan on grabbing GTA V when it comes out for PC. other games i play are SpinTires, Rust, maybe some minecraft, etc. nothing to crazy

let me know what you think of the parts ive picked, and suggestions.

Vexillarius

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Looks very solid. Don't expect miracles when it comes to editing and Photoshop (though this rig isn't bad for it either), but for gaming it's a very solid rig.

You might want to shell out $30 for a CM Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler, if only to make the system quieter. It'll allow for light to medium overclocking as well.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.65 @ OutletPC)
Total: $28.65
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-16 20:29 EDT-0400

06fordfx4

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
ok cool. Yeah i dont do intense editing and photoshopping, I have a shitty HP laptop right now I use, and it does the photoshop stuff just fine. Just amjorly lacking in the gaming department haha. figured since i need a new desktop anyways, may as well build something that can handle some gaming.

glad to hear im on the right track.