Screen blinking and driver crashes

Luak

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
Hello everybody, i have big problem.

When i start, lets say, battlefield 3 my screen starts to blink really fast (only when game starts, not while lodaing or while i am at main menu).
The blinking stops when i alt-tab to deskop but i need to do it really fast and when i return to game i can play all day long without problem.

I have noticed that this happens when my fan goes to 90-100%.
Cuz all of this problems i have reinstalled my new windows. But since i have did that i am still stuck at that problem and got new one, your display driver has stopped responding and recovered wat happens while i am watching youtube, not allways but often.

Few more notices:
1. if i dont alt tab while screen is blinking my computer will crash, black screen with stuck sound or blue screen.
2.I have tried all drivers, new and old ones.
3. Win 7 reinstalled
4. My temperature while playing games is around 90 Celsius / 194 Fahrenheit.
5. there is no dust in around gpu or cpu, its all cleaned.
6. computer is 10 months old, blinking started 6 months ago, driver crashing started few weeks ago.

My computer is:

i5 3350P
Ram 8 gb
Hd radeon 7870 2 gb
motherboard is socket something something, not sure. (will edit if needed)
430 W
ATX Akyga AKY005BL
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Monitor : AOC 21.5"
I use hdmi cable.

sorry if i misspelled something and thanks in advance.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What make/model is your PSU? This could simply be a case of an inadequate or defective PSU that is failing under load causing the GPU to fail.

Also, does this "90 Celsius / 194 Fahrenheit", refer to your CPU or the video card (GPU)? Either way, that is too hot.

What are your operating temperatures at idle and under load for both the CPU and GPU?

Also, are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your video card is getting too hot and is likely the cause of the problem.

Specs for the HD7870 Ghz Edition site a 500w PSU requirement. However, your XFX should be sufficient, especially since you are not overclocking.

How many case fans do you have installed? Does the GPU temperature drop significantly if you run the system with the side of the case removed?