Positive or negative cooling for my case?!

Nick6312

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
Hey guys,

I am going to be filling my case with fans, and I need to know which set up I should use to cool my system.

My case is a Aeromax Xpredator X2
(link: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/printpage/Aerocool-Xpredator-Case-Review/1264 )
There is a lot of mesh covers with air filters which is making me lean more towards negative cooling.

I need advice! :p
Would you go with positive or negative pressure cooling with this case?

Thanks in advance!

jaimelmiel

Honorable
May 7, 2012
You can do either with this case. I depends on what you want to achieve. Also on what you mainly do with your computer.
A positive pressure case for me is for gamming performance and better airflow. Negative pressure is mainly to keep a
system free of dust. If you plan on Gamming intensively I recommend Negative pressure on this case. If your not so much into Gaming and stressing your cpu or gpu go positive. Yes, I looked at the review

Nick6312

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014

Thanks for the reply, however your response has confused me. You say that positive pressure is for gaming purposes, then go on to recommend negative pressure for this case if I use it for gaming? Could you please clear up which you would recommend? and your reasoning? :)

Thank you so much!

jaimelmiel

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Sorry. If your not so much into Gaming and stressing your cpu or gpu you could go positive. Yes, I looked at the review. Also if you are paranoid about dust you can go positive air cooling. The key is what effect it has on case cooling.
Positive cooling not set up right can cause higher temps.