will my gtx 780 run three monitors ?

Oct 22, 2012
Having a similar tiered card with eyefinity, yes it can play games at that resolution. But you will have to turn down some settings on newer games and that is a trend you have to understand. SLI may be an option in the future.

I played MW3 the other day maxxed and it was smooth as silk using my R9 290x even though its not a particularly demanding game nor that new.

Oct 22, 2012

Personal preference.

I love triple monitors, the game feels much more immersive being surrounded by the environment. Also productivity increases massively, for example I could have Blender open in the middle screen, browser on the right and Photoshop on the left.
Theres a wow factor with it but it will wear off, I also haven't come across many non eyefinity games besides Warcraft3.
I cannot comment on high res monitors even though I use them at work, I never played games on them.

Oct 22, 2012

This is down to opinion, in my opinion yes, it was worth it. The screen estate is a luxury to have when you're not gaming. Games are more immersive and field of view is massively increased even though your head will only stick to one monitor.
But you will need more GPU power as time goes as the resolution is larger than usual and is more demanding than 1440p.

If you are to go with a single monitor then it could be worth investing in a 1440p monitor or 144hz monitor.

Having three 144hz monitors in surround would be pointless as you would struggle to get over 60 frames unless you really lower settings.