Anyone RMA an Amazon product that is out of the 30 days RMA policy?

Linnaeus

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
Everyone knows that the GTX 970 and 980 was just announced and to be released very soon. I saw the benchmarks for the 900 series and they beat the R9 290 in everything. Unfortunately, I just learned about this today since I haven't been catching up on the 900 series rumors and had purchased a Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 on August 14 for $400. I don't hate the R9 290 it's just that the GTX 970 offers more for a better price. The R9 290 holds up pretty good considering it nearly a year old card but I'm still hoping to get the 970 instead. I'm obviously way past the deadline but I was wondering if any of you managed to request an Amazon RMA even when your 30 days are up. What are my chances of getting an return merchandise authorization?

The GPU box hasn't been opened up yet (Yes. I had a GPU sitting in my home for more than a month, it is weird). The only thing that I did open is the Amazon packaging box. Everything else is intact.

Solution
If its broken they will take it back no problem, if it is not then the best thing to do is ask Amazon, they have great customer service for an online company and if you're lucky they might take it back and let you pay the postage to them

Videographer

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
If its broken they will take it back no problem, if it is not then the best thing to do is ask Amazon, they have great customer service for an online company and if you're lucky they might take it back and let you pay the postage to them

Solution