Which 980 should I buy?

Nyestuer

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
So I've decided to return my 780Ti which I just bought, to buy one of the new 980's.

I've got no idea which to buy(I can afford all of them), and why there are so many of these.. if someone could explain that, that would be great!

I'll list them in dollar, but that is how much they cost where I'm going to buy them.(I live in Norway).

1. ASUS GeForce GTX 980 4GB PhysX CUDA - 790 USD
2. EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB PhysX CUDA - 770 USD
3. EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB PhysX CUDA - 740 USD
4. Gainward GeForce GTX 980 4GB PhysX CUDA - 770 USD
5. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB PhysX CUDA - 770 USD
6. MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB PhysX CUDA - 790 USD
7. MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4GB PhysX - 820 USD
8. ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 4GB PhysX CUDA - 880 USD
9. ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 4GB PhysX CUDA - 820 USD

If there is anything else you need to know, don't be afraid to ask :)
Thanks!

Solution
They are all reference models so there is exactly no difference between them. Choose the one with the best warranty or customer support. Out of that list would be EVGA, but if they have one by PNY they have a lifetime warranty. If you wait a week or two, we should start seeing custom designs hit the market.

Why are they all so expensive?
They are all reference models so there is exactly no difference between them. Choose the one with the best warranty or customer support. Out of that list would be EVGA, but if they have one by PNY they have a lifetime warranty. If you wait a week or two, we should start seeing custom designs hit the market.

Why are they all so expensive?

Solution

Nyestuer

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014

They're so expensive because I live in Norway, and we have to pay like 25% of the price to the government :) (This results in free schools, hospitals, dentists and stuff like that :) )

Ah yes, that whole thing about having the highest standard of living in the world. Congratulations on that, I guess there are drawbacks.

Slampig

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014

Then you live in another norway then me, because i just gave my dentist like 400USD to fix a cavity.