Why would my fps be lower after going from 32 to 64 bit OS?

I have an Asus R7 250 gpu which I'm using on a 6 year old Pentium dual core e5200 @ 2.5GHz. I use to use Windows 7 32 bit, but recently I re-stalled my OS to Windows 7 64 bit. As I expected everything seems to run better, not sure if that's the 64 bit or just new OS is not clogged up with old programs.
Anyway I have noticed my graphics card is slower now than what it use to be, I would have thought the opposite would happen. When I first got the card I ran "Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0" and took a screenshot of the result. Now when I run the program my fps is a bit lower, so it's not just my imagination.
I was wondering if anyone knows why the gpu actually ran better on 32bit than it does now on 64 bit.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think it has anything to d with the gfx card. It may be the fact that most games are still 32 bit coded and there is some overhead in using a 64 bit OS that isn't present using a 32 bit OS. But I would test that theory on more than one or two games/benchmarks.

Oh, I hadn't thought about that, you are probably right. Seems like 64 bit has been out for ages, but obviously it's going to be some time yet before everything is for 64 bit only.