what's the best PSU for Gigabyte GA -H97m D3H?

Sharooney

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
hello im new in this pc building thing i usually buy a complete pc but this time i decided to go for a custom pc built:
i3-4150 @3.5Ghz
Gigabyte GA-H97m D3H
4GB Ram(Dynet 1600Mhz)
Here's the thing i bought this PSU(Zippy-PSM 6600p 600W) which was on cheap so i thought this would save me some cash as i was on a budget,My biggest concern is this might be an overkill for my pc as im not using any graphics card would buy the EVGA GTX 750ti SC but for now its nothing other than a 160GB HDD two small fans that are being powered by the psu dirrectly a DVD RW.Do i need to change my PSU and get a 450W or a 550W PSU? consindering that i would be getting a graphics card in the future.

Having a PSU with extra power is never a bad thing. It's just that you will spend more money usually on a PSU with more wattage. So essentially it is a waste of money. But it cannot do any harm to your computer.

But on the other hand, Zippy is a low quality brand. Most people on here would advise you get a more reputable brand. But that will power a 750ti just fine. It is more likely to fail however, seeing as it's such low quality. And the bad part about that is, when it fails, it could also take out other components in your system when it goes.

Pretty much all name brand PSU's have at least 2 4 pin connectors. So you just plug in two to make the 8 pin. The PSU you listed is a ver nice one. I would recommend it. It has four 4 pin connectors. So it will work well for your needs. Very nice choice.