i5 760 OC 3.6Ghz + MSI geforce 970 gtx 4G gaming = bottleneck?

LoG4n27

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
Hey guys,

Hope your fine, I was just wondering, will my future 970 gtx bottleneck my i5 760 OC at 3.6Ghz? I have a 470gtx (Yes I know.... but it was a great card!) and I decided to upgrade my GPU. I am playing games most of the time (1080p).

Will I be able to play at 1080p 60fps? (I think yes but we never know right?). Need your opinions!

I found some tests done with a similar setup at stock speeds that showed pretty fair performance. I'm sure that when overclocked it's much better, they always are. I don't have time to find the link right now as I have to head out for work, but I will when I return. Or, you can just take my word for it, something that I know doesn't happen much around her, nor should it in most cases. Either way, I'll find that for you then.

LoG4n27

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
Thank you guys :)

To Nikoli : "you should think about at least getting a basic i5 setup soon." What do you mean? Buying a better CPU? (I plan to buy a 4690k in a few months btw).

To DarkBreeze : Thank you very much, I don't have any issue with my current rig BUT I have read topics about geforce 970 and gamers experiencing low FPS in Crysis 3, the evil within and Ryse. Apparently, it's coming from the drivers or the V sync.

I can't speculate as to whether that's true or not, I haven't heard anything that supports that, but even if it were true, the 970 is very new and you can be sure any issues will likely be ironed out via driver support in the next few months. And if you upgrade to the higher end CPU keep in mind you will likely need a BIOS update, if your current board even supports that model.