Best brand for gtx 970?

Which of these 5 gtx 970 brand would be the best?

• ZOTAC

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • EVGA

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • ASUS

• MSI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GIGABYTE

• Total voters

maxtex

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
And yet, even with the ACX 2.0 cooler, it doesn't cool quite as well as the Gigabyte, Asus and MSI cards. But EVGA is an American company so they MUST be better right?

@Frankie Just don't get the Zotac and you're fine. Bare in mind the Gigabyte card is really long, over 12 inches i believe, so it has to fit in the case.

jasonite

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2012
Typically Asus, Evga, MSI and Sapphire are the most respected brands. I'm going off of others' reports for Sapphire as I've never used one of theirs.

J

Care to cite said cooling?

Frankie_Xenon

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
All of the votes are almost the same expect for the fact that no one voted gigabyte. Is asus any good? I thought they had the best cooling right along with MSI

Mac266

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014
I'd go Asus, because it's generally a very quiet card. As Gam3r01 said, Asus, EVGA and MSI will all perform well, within 1-5 FPS of each other.

HighEndGaming

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

ASUS STRIX

Spencervde

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
I personally believe that the MSI cards are nice quality, their monitoring software for you card is very nice too. EVGA is also a very respected brand which most people say to go with. Bottom line, its between the MSI, EVGA, and ASUS.

maxtex

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Yeah, unlike you I do my research before writing random stuff.

Just check out every reviewer, guru3d, techpowerup and for example this one: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/09/19/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-review/11.
The EVGA ACX 2.0 can't even match the temperatures of the, mind you, semi-passively cooled Asus and MSI. That said, the difference isn't big not as good as a number of the other manufacturer's cards, including the MSI Gaming, Asus and the also active-cooled Gigabyte. Another thing however, is that the fans tend to be noisier. And if you check the EVGA forums everyone's been complaining about the loudness of the acx 2.0.
So yeah, there goes a hole in your "religion".

It's not christmas yet by the way.

I have that profile pic year round, I like it.

These recommendations were based on the day one results from testing, where the ACX was doing decent, now that all the cards have been tested more in depth by more reliable sources the strix does perform better. Giving recommendations day one is never an exact science.

novanex

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
A bit-tech review comparing MSI, ASUS, and EVGA says that the MSI is the best. It's the only 970 that can OC to the point that it beats the 780 ti by a frame in some games. It's also the quietest. ASUS's only has 1 x 8 pin. And EVGAs has a whining sound.

That's about the summary.

They are all very close, so get the cheapest if you want. I just ordered the MSI version yesterday. So excited. It shows up Friday.

HKILLER

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
depends...if you are looking for pushing it to extreme with overclocking EVGA 970 FTW and Zotac AMP! Extreme edition are the best...i saw a review where they were able to push Zotac to 1455mhz core clock and 1800-1900 memory clock which is about 7.6 data rate and the reviews on newegg say even bigger numbers...but also keep in mind those two are some of the most expensive 970 card out there.i personally am going with Zotac the $400 price tag seems to worth it...

Miqueas

Reputable
Oct 22, 2014

Hi, which MSI do you chose? GAMING D5 or OC GDDR5? Any feedback?

TRENDING THREADS