Updated $1800 Gaming/Software Dev Build

Misanthre

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
Was able to order an EVGA GTX 980 the night they were released. It should be arriving today. I think I've finalized the rest of my build! Can anyone else poke holes in the build or offer any last-minute suggestions before I pull the trigger?!?

I think this is the exact model of EVGA GTX 980 I ordered. I believe I got the superclocked version, but it's hard to tell by the descriptions alone. Should be an awesome card!

Also. PcPartPicker has the following Compatability Notes for my build.

"The G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell Refresh CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum."

How much of an issue is that? Should I just expect slightly less performance if it's running at 1.5V vs 1.65V?

View My Build Here

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Misanthre

Reputable
Sep 16, 2014
One more question regarding Mid Tower Cases. I did a lot of research and ended up settling on the Corsair 600T Mesh in Black. People rated other cases higher, but I don't really like crazy case designs

Can anyone recommend a better case. My priorities are Air Flow/Cooling, Simplicity, Design. Pretty much in that order.

Or does anyone have experience with the Corsair 600T that can chime in on why I should go with something else.

Thanks again!