Compatibility, Tips, First Build

Chelly145

Reputable
May 21, 2014
Hello, this is my first build and i have a couple questions.First of all is there anything I'm missing and does everything seem compatible?I'm not buying everything from new-egg, just helps me keep track of things. I'm using other websites as well to find the better prices and it looks like i can get this rig for about $1400. Is this a good rig for the price?Also is there anything i could change/improve? I plan to do gaming,commentary,editing with programs like Photoshop and Sony Vegas pro. I went with 16GB ram or is 8GB good enough?(I want fast rendering.) Also as you can see I went with a mid tower, and i was wondering if the heat sink would fit correctly (Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan). Thank you for your time, sorry for my English.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=25164192

Solution
i would suggest taking a look at pcpartspicker.com as it can show you the current lowest price for items. it also features a built in compatibility checker and nice sorting options.

i'd likely take a different route than you have as it seems like you're spending more in some areas than you really need to.
-upgrading to an i7 would be beneficial
-upgrading to the gtx970 instead of the gtx770 would be beneficial
-spending less on a motherboard while retaining quality would be beneficial.

your build (minus parts i did not put on the pcpartspicker list) was $1377. this build below is $1300 and has better components. you would want to add a few more fans though.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Jrd7Mp

also worth noting since you mentioned the...
i would suggest taking a look at pcpartspicker.com as it can show you the current lowest price for items. it also features a built in compatibility checker and nice sorting options.

i'd likely take a different route than you have as it seems like you're spending more in some areas than you really need to.
-upgrading to an i7 would be beneficial
-upgrading to the gtx970 instead of the gtx770 would be beneficial
-spending less on a motherboard while retaining quality would be beneficial.

your build (minus parts i did not put on the pcpartspicker list) was $1377. this build below is $1300 and has better components. you would want to add a few more fans though.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Jrd7Mp

also worth noting since you mentioned the blue yeti.. take a look at the atr2500 and at2020usb+

Solution

Chelly145

Reputable
May 21, 2014
Thank you guys, two more questions. What does the OEM mean and should i still get OEM or where can i obtain the non OEM version?Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit - OEM and last question, what are some good motherboards u guys recommend?

an OEM version of windows is meant for system builders. basically its a version that does not come with any tech support from microsoft. it is however vastly cheaper than retail versions.

the z97-a that i included in the build i linked is good.