Help in choosing fast usb flash drive.

Hardwarman

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
Hello. I'm considering buying usb flash drive at the moment. I need a decent and fast one with at least 16GB of space that im going to use over usb 2.0 as i don't have any 3.0 in my PC.
Basically i found two interesting models:
TRANSCEND 16GB JETFLASH 780
A-DATA DASHDRIVE ELITE UE700 16GB
Which one of those would be a better choose?
I find out that both are similar transfer speeds and goes up to 30MB/s read and around 25-30MB/s write.
If anyone else has a better suggestions i'd really appreciate.
Thanks for your help.

Hardwarman

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
Thank Your for the suggestion. I've heard that there are some issues with Sandisk devices and these are recognized as a fixed drive insted of removable, also people are saying in the reviews that this makes it not detectable during the boot. So that means that you can not install OS from such USB drive what is actually the main reason I wanted to buy it. This Sandisk is probably the fastest flash drive at the moment but if there are such problems... I dont't not know. Now I'm a really confused what to do. Any ideas?

Hardwarman

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
It may not be surprising. As i was waiting for help i submitted a question to Sandisk support team about that and i got this answer, quote: "Please, allow us to inform you that in mid-2013 SanDisk changed production of its USB Drives configured as fixed disk to meet a perceived certification requirement. SanDisk USB Drives with either removable or fixed disk configuration will work the same when used for data storage on Windows PC and Mac computers. SanDisk is in the process of reverting back to producing USB Drives configured as removable disk."
Furthermore, quote:
"NOTE: There is no tool available to change SanDisk USB Drives between fixed and removable disk configuration."
So in this point actually it makes this flash drive useless in regards to installing OS and i probably have to give up on this one.