Window 8.1 "This PC" load drive too slow (Green bar)

sonbeo99

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
hi i'm using windows 8.1 for about 1 month now and nothing was wrong until now
when i'm access the "This PC" icon or "My Computer" in earlier windows the thing load the drive very slowwwww like this:
3eTBvQ.png

i can still access my drive from the list to the left of the screen,but this issue still make me feel very angry =.=
so please guys,help me
thanks in advance (sorry if my english was bad)

Hey there, sonbeo99!

This is something that a lot of users that upgraded to Win 8.1 struggle with. Online you can find quite a number of tips and fixes for performance optimization of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
I can suggest you to check out these 2 links with several tips how to fix this annoying loading problem:
http://www.registryrecycler.com/blog/2013/11/fix-slow-performance-issue-after-installing-windows-8-1/
http://www.registryrecycler.com/blog/2013/02/how-to-optimize-windows-8-to-run-faster/

Hope this helps!
SuperSoph_WD

sonbeo99

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014

ty for your help but now i noticted something,ever since i installed mc afee plus i saw some file called system volume information (which i can't even open the folder) and a %Recycled.bin file which i can open the folder,inside there's a file called recycle bin,i access it and it lead me to my emtied recycle bin.
i spent 3 hour research on the internet,people said it was virus so i turn on safe mode and trying to delete both but it keep coming back it self(recyle bin file) and i can't even delete the system volume information
i believed this was the main reason my computer slow down,even when im trying to open some folder property
please guys,help me

Hey there again!

You should remove it from your computer as soon as possible out of your personal cyber security or re-install your OS.
I'd definitely go with @ToineF on this one and say perform a clean install of Windows.
This is how you can ensure that the virus is gone.

Hope this helped.

sonbeo99

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014

unfortunately i can't download or reinstall the OS cause internet is dead (at least at my house) sad,guess this is over for my computer =.=
currenly online by 3G

George Davey

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
The most common problem for the "This PC" delays is networking. A network drive that was once connected is not present.

If you boot your PC with the network cable disconnected, then the "This PC" will open instantly if you have this issue.

This is because when you start your PC with networking enabled the "This PC" shortcut execution shows you a dialog with all of your drives and other system elements. It also invokes a parsing agent that looks for all those previous network locations to "fire them up" and "prepare them" for your viewing pleasure.

You most likely have this delay caused from orphaned network locations if when you start your "This PC" it first shows a few icons then after a few seconds, waits and then shows a status bar. At the same time the status bar starts, the "Items count" appears. This is the local "This PC" telling you how many items there are and that it is done opening the "This PC" window. This is where the bug comes in. Now it is going to have a status bar while it tries to connect up to all those previous network locations. The rest of the time it is networking and parsing to find those previous network locations.

I have not found a way to turn this parsing off yet. I am still looking. My PC did not do this until I used it for 3 weeks and discovered some network locations. Turning on and off sharing and network discovery does not seem to change "This PC" network parsing and discovery issues.