Newegg returning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoNup

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
Hello everyone

I just ran into some serious bull from Newegg return. I recently purchase a Asus MARS 760, and this card I mean no lie it have to be defected from the factory, first the mini display port is misalign to the mount plate to the back, then the top left corner metal piece is not even securely fasten, the bolt above the MARS sign is bolted in incorrectly, that's the cosmetic part of the card. When i over see this bull, i told myself "Well maybe just the cosmetic" so i plug it and secure it in my case, fire up the PC and there i notices the card is completely defected, it only display image when it want to...

So I call newegg tell them about all the defect of the card, even sent picture of the defected part of the card and Email it to em.

After they receive the card and "inspected" they sent me an email saying the item they sent me is not the same as the one i sent back to them. WTF??? I meant all i did was take it out of the box(hoping it will work) then put it back into the box, the ORIGINAL one. First they said oh there might be a mess up on the RMA number, put me on hold for about a min, then they saying the serial number from what they have in record does not meet the serial number on my card. how in the flying F would that not match? so after 15 mins on the phone with these horrible customer service they just tell me well is not our product, you could trace the serial number to the vendor and get your refund from them. so i respond as "well you are the only company i bought the card from, and i only have one MARS and is from Newegg if you said is not your's, do you have phone number to call santa?" they offer to ship me a defected 600 dollars product and a go fk yourself note. so i call my credit card company and put a stop on the payment, cos i'm sure as shet i'm not going to pay for a 600 dollars on a defected card. I will never ever buy from em again, nor trying to tell peoples to get it from em, cos they are just horrible once come to return. Good thing i have a video of me taking it out of the box to prove if anything.

Never had an issue returning anything to Newegg, ever. And I purchase thousands of dollars worth of stuff every year for custom mini PCs that I sell. There is no reason for them to screw you, that card is a very, very, very small drop in the bucket of the 10s of thousands of items they sell in a day. So sorry if you feel screwed, but most likely they wont ever do business with you again due to you stopping payment. And they probably get 100s of items back a day that someone tries to get one over on them with. Who knows what the true story is.

hamidd1234

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
Wow, call them and ask to talk to the manager. Tell him what happened and send him all the receipts and etc. Maybe someone switched out your card while it was being shipped, maybe it was a employee that switched his card with yours

LoNup

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
I did spoke to the mamager, and she said the same thing. She said the serial number did not match with the item serial number. I do believe someone in the warehouse might switch it. And i mean they then stick it to me and i have to pay the price? Thats bull, i mean first they switch up the rma cos im returning two things, and then they said the serial number not match. So stop payment is the only way to go

Phew well I for one am so very glad you took the time to make an account on here and share with us, this tale of tragedy. And I did get a chuckle out of you thinking theyd screw you or try to screw you out of $600. So I came, I cried, and then I lol'd. Thumbs up.

Delroy Monjo

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Seems like some miscommunication somewhere in this process. I can assure you, Newegg knows the S/N of units of items shipped because they are scanned upon shipment. I know this because I ordered a 2nd GTX 460 GPU from them some time back so I could SLI. Got an RMA, returned the GPU and they immediately E-mailed me that the S/N didn't match the card they had just shipped-OOPS! My mistake, I had sent them the working card, not the one I had intended. In another case, Newegg customer service called ME, 2 times, to inquire if I wanted to return a mobo which had been factory recalled. I said no because I had already assembled the rig and the defect was not enough for me to worry about.
Could some evil employee have switched cards? A long shot. Was the GPU box sealed when you got it? Mine always are. Could it have been switched during the return process? Maybe, but not likely since Newegg has people called loss control which specifically watch for for situations like this.
Dunno how the mini-display port could be misaligned given that that circuit board has a bolted on backplate.
Maybe you got a card from the 'refurb' bin, eh?
So don't deal with them anymore, I'm sure they have thousands of others who feel as I do that their customer service is professional and first rate.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
That is your choice as a consumer.Try to speak to the administrative staff and perhaps you can get better results.

LoNup

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014

simple, will you rather lose a customer that purchase 100 dollars a month? or 10? just that simple of course they don't want to lose you as a customer cos you spend thousands of dollars worth of stuff while i purchase merely thousands, so screw me over to make up the lose to you, does that make sense lol ;)

LoNup

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014

that's a great idea, but i want to see if my credit card company could help me to get the money back.

LoNup

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014

i see, i think first they mess up the RMA that i have, cos i have two going at the moment. first they said they are said they got it mess up then that person call the warehouse and when she got back on the phone she said oh now is not the RMA is your serial number... and she put me to with a manager, and she said the same thing, which is very frustrating, i mean i don't know how other peoples see it as far as 600 dollars worth, but to me, i earn that money and i want to get something that's worth that amount instead of a defected product, so i will see how's that go with the dispute from my card company with em. i mean if you look at the card you would probably be as piss as i'm lol matter in fact i made a video on youtube when i got it to show the defect http://

I think that you may have your priorities mixed up. Your keyboard is the defective component.

Delroy Monjo

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
LoNup, looks like you're having buyers remorse for having bought a GTX760x2 GPU to SLI with a GTX770 card. Nvidia has been clear that different GPU chip iterations can't be SLI'ed. A better solution would have been to get a matching GTX770 card to SLI for far better results. You simply didn't do your homework there! As for any other cosmetic issues with the card, that's on ASUS, not Newegg.
While your voice on the video sounded more frustrated rather than an angry rant, I hope you didn't use that crude language on the phone with the customer service people. Most people just turn you off at that point and are far less amenable to listening to complaints.

LoNup

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014

yup i did admit the fact that i mess up on getting two different card. but the frustration is not from the two wrong card, is from a defected card. i totally agree with your point about is Asus fault on a defected product, however, this product is sold by Newegg. So let say if you do buy something from Walmart and the thing is defected, I assume that you will return your item in Walmart either for exchange or a return right? not to return it to the manufacture. Because Newegg is the reseller and they have to take the risk. beside they don't even have to take any loses, all they have to do is get credit from Asus. I paid to get a full functional product, not a defected product. if you paid 600+ dollars you expect your video card to be in a new condition not a defected condition will you agree? so bare that in mind and you know why i'm frustrated. And no i did not use the crude language on them on the phone even how much they mess up the RMA, because this matter is simple, i get a defected product i want to get my money back. And from me reading in this site, i'm not the only person newegg trying to screw over a defected product.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Hello LoNup,

We're terribly sorry to hear about this RMA experience and would like to further look into this for you. Would you please send your RMA details to wecare@newegg.com? Please provide your RMA number and reference this post on Toms Hardware. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Newegg Support

LoNup

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
I already refuse the package when UPS deliver today, and also update my credit card company with the tracking number UPS provide. Thank you for stopping by and let me know your company do have some decency. however, after this experience i don't think i will go back to purchase anything from newegg. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.