intel atom vs celeron vs vision

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
So my sister needs a new laptop, we want to move into a tablet 2 in 1 with windows 8.1 ( Aiming for a transformer t100 or lenovo miix210). What are the differences in performances between an Intel Atom, a celeron and a AMD vision A4.These last both manufactured by toshiba. For the things I have read about SOC and the atom, they maximize the battery and generate little heat (tablet's doesn't use a fan). But in all reviews I checked about tablets they only mention ARM and the intel, I have never heard about big 2in1 (more than 11") running celeron or AMD Vision. Do thjey offer the same (or better) life battery or pruduce little heat?

Vadamo

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

I would recommend going for the Atom, in terms of performance. The atom has 4 cores and 4 threads too which the celeron and Vision do not have. For the heat, it shouldnt produce much heat maybe a little with a heavy workload but nothing that could burn you in any way.

Liereaper

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014
The asus-transformer-book-t100 its the best buy like Vadamo said the atom its the best to go with.. also the celeron its a bit slower and the AMD Vision its more power demanding and it produce a little more heat. Go with that and you'll win

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
OK Atom will be. But I feel the lenovo has a more vanguardist design, it uses magnets and uses aluminum instead of plastic

mlga91

Admirable
I've got a lap with a celeron cpu (b820, sandy bridge) and im quite happy with it, i mostly use autocad (2d only) and circuit simulators and does quite well its job, and battery last quite enough (3-4 hours, its like two years old right now). Normally runs quite cold, you can only feel the heat coming out of the fans at heavy load (during a game for example). The atom cpus have 4 but quite weak cpus, i'd prefer two stronger cores of a celeron than the 4 weak cores of newer atoms.

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
I've got a lap with a celeron cpu
Thanks for the info but as mentioned I want the different performances on 2in1 tablets/laptops, because my sister heaviest work will be to play game of thrones at 720p, not a big fan of 1080 or 4k.