Connecting external speakers to my new monitor?

ianerhard13

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
Hi,

I recently purchased the Asus PB238Q monitor to use with my gaming console. I have a pair of speakers I want to connect it with, but I realized there is NO audio output or headphone jack on the monitor.

I'm wondering if there is any way to connect my speakers, which require a 3.55 mm jack. The monitor does have a USB hub, so I was thinking of possibly trying a headphone amplifier that connects via the USB and includes a 3.55 jack. Does anyone know if this would work, or if there are any other ways around this?

Solution
Use the PC as a audio source, And I do not think a headphone amp will work coming from your monitor. I want to use my Fiio E07k amp through my keyboard's usb's and that does not work. So, try and see :p

Otherwise use the PC as a audio source. If there is not a audio jack in the front of the PC, look on the back for a green hole...

Dazinek

Honorable
Sep 9, 2014
Use the PC as a audio source, And I do not think a headphone amp will work coming from your monitor. I want to use my Fiio E07k amp through my keyboard's usb's and that does not work. So, try and see :p

Otherwise use the PC as a audio source. If there is not a audio jack in the front of the PC, look on the back for a green hole...

Solution