My 1st custom loop and i got few questions.

ekses

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
Hi guys, I'm going to make my 1st custom loop and i'm going to use the swiftech h220x as my pump, reservoir and radiator.

I'm planning to add 2 way SLI on my loop.

Now my question is the pump powerful enough for my loop?
What about the radiator? Do i need to add another radiator?
And what do you guys recommend for tubing? I'm leaning towards the PrimoChill LRT Advanced tube.
oh yeah about the fittings which one is better? Barb or Compression? Thanks!:)

ekses

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014

Okay, so does that mean its powerful enough for my loop? (CPU and 2 GPUs)

What about the Radiator? is it enough or do I need to buy another one?

Thanks for the replies guys! I appreciate it!

EDIT: So i did some research on about the h220x radiator and it seems like it has 13 FPI

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Should be, I would imagine as it is based on the Laing DDC line of pumps primarily used by Swiftech for SFF coolers like this. I am not finding exact spec info on the pump, but it looks identical to all DDC variants.

You will need more radiators than a single 240 to cool a CPU and 2 GPUs. You need to calculate loop TDP and determine cooling based on that number. Google 'CPU model' TDP and 'GPU model' TDP, then account for the numbers in total. Remember, 2x GPUs means you need to double GPU TDP.

CPU+GPU+GPU=loop total TDP.

ekses

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014

Okay, i seached and my CPU's (i5 4690K) TDP is 88W and and my GPU's (GTX 660 Ti SC) TDP is 150W.
Since its SLI so multiply by 2, That's 388 Watts total.

I bought another 240mm Rad. (this one) I don't know if that is enough and both rads (from h220x and this one) are 13 FPI if i recall correctly.

ekses

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014

It's on sale for 40 bucks with two fans! That's why i bought it! So these are enough right? I don't know how to determine my cooling based on 388Watts :(

ekses

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014

Woo hooo! Glad to know! Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it! :)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I'm going to work on a formula based on my average radiator cooling coefficient values in the sticky to come up with a realistic way to determine how much radiator space you'll need based on calculated TDP.

ekses

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014

Nice! That would be a great help!

TRENDING THREADS