Does my Graphics Card allow me to add another Graphics Card?

Ajbboy123

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014
As the Title says, Does my Graphics Card allow me to add another Graphics Card?

My Current Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti - Supports HDMI but my monitor doesn't have HDMI.

Graphics Card I wish to add in with it: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 520 (I know it sucks, but its to use my second monitor on)

or....

Should I just buy another Monitor with HDMI.

I have another 2nd Monitor, but my 2nd monitor doesn't work with my current Graphics Card (Long story), and plus my 2nd Monitor only 1280x720

Sorry if this is confusing.

Solution
Ok, so if I understand correctly, you can't connect the second monitor to the GTX 750Ti (long story?) and so you're wondering if you could install the GT520 into the other PCI-Ex16 (x4) slot just to run the second monitor. Is that correct?

If so, unfortunately, I think you're going to run into driver issues with the drivers for the 750Ti and the drivers for the GT520 overwriting each other. Your best option is going to be trying to get two of the three outputs on your GTX 750Ti working with your two displays. If the DVI isn't working, try using an HDMI to DVI cable. If that's not going to work, I think you're going to have to explain that long story.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Sorry. Too confusing.

How many monitors do you have and what does each monitor have for input connections (HDMI, DVI, VGA)?
What outputs does the GTX 750Ti have?
What outputs does the GT520 have?
What motherboard do you have?
What power supply do you have?

-Wolf sends

Dazinek

Honorable
Sep 9, 2014
Nope, 750 ti Isn't SLI'able. And even if it was, SLI only works when its the exact same chipset, two 760's, two 770.. etc. Only exception is AMD's crossfire of the R9/R7 series... R9 270x and a 7870 are the same chipset(so they can be crossfired)

Ajbboy123

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014

My 2 current monitors have VGA & DVI each
The GTX 750Ti has VGA & HDMI & DVI-D
The GTX 520 has VGA & DVI-A & HDMI
My motherboard is Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 - http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4140#ov
500 PWI I think or whatever, I know its 500watts or something like that

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok, so if I understand correctly, you can't connect the second monitor to the GTX 750Ti (long story?) and so you're wondering if you could install the GT520 into the other PCI-Ex16 (x4) slot just to run the second monitor. Is that correct?

If so, unfortunately, I think you're going to run into driver issues with the drivers for the 750Ti and the drivers for the GT520 overwriting each other. Your best option is going to be trying to get two of the three outputs on your GTX 750Ti working with your two displays. If the DVI isn't working, try using an HDMI to DVI cable. If that's not going to work, I think you're going to have to explain that long story.

-Wolf sends

Solution