Screen flickering in web browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014
When I boot my PC and go into web browser I get my screen flickering often when I scroll up and down the page. I use Firefox and Chrome and it happens in both browsers. I'm not sure if this only happens in web browser but this is where I see it happening. The flickering is random and it last for about 5-10 minutes then it stops. This didn't happen in the first 2 days of building my PC but after then it has been happening for around 2 weeks. I'm connecting with a DVI cable. My monitor says flicker free so I don't know how this can happen.

My PC build is
AMD FX 8350 4GHz
XFX R9 280x
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 Pro
Benq GL2450HM

G

Reinstall graphic drivers.But first in graphic panel see the refresh hz of your monitor.At what frequency your current display is.
Your Cable could also be faulty(most likely its the cause see if it is connected tightly)

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014
I reinstalled the graphics drivers and my refresh rate is 60hz as my monitor is 60hz. I doubt my cable is faulty it is brand new and the connection is good.

Usman Sajid

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Cable is not the fault, as signals are digital they come 100% perfect or dont come at all.

My any chance have you overclocked your graphics card , or temps compared to cards of same brand to your card are very high. Some times screen flickers due to burden( i dont see burdon in web browsing but ... ). So turnoff all OC settings and try to increase fan speed?

Can be monitor , idk what they say monitor could also be fault, ports maybe damaged?

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014

No I haven't overclocked my GPU and my moinitor is brand new I just bought it just over 2 weeks ago as is my PC build

al94

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014

I tried HDMI today but it says no cable connected but I use that HDMI for my PS3 and it works. I don't think there is anything wrong with my cables anyway they are brand new and I wasn't having this problem before. I installed the new AMD Catalyst 14.9 drivers and I still get this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.