Header/Front Panel Help

Hotrod89

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014
Hello community! I could really use some help here. I have a custom computer that I had built, I do not have a manual. The computer front panel is confusing and I don't know where to plug the connectors in. The front panel header has a yellow three terminal connector on the lower right, red two terminal connector to the left of that. (bottom row), upper right (above the yellow connector) is a one terminal black connector, then two terminal blue connector, then two terminal green connector, and a four terminal yellow connector. That's going right to lefter upper and lower. Connectors I have are
a speaker 4 way with yellow and black wires. A 2 way with blue and white wires that is Power/SW. A 2 way with two gray wires that is Reset/SW. A 2 way with orange and white wires that is HDD/LED. A single terminal green wire(+ positive) connector and a single terminal white wire (- negative) connector. Looking at the header the labeling is upside down and is very confusing and trying to make sense of where the connectors go. We were trying to diagnose why the computer would not turn on and some of these came out while we were inspecting and we don't know where to put them. Please help. Thank You

Solution
the best thing to do is to look see what motherboard you have, then go and download the manual. there they explain where to put those cables. the reason why your PC wont start it that one of those cables is connected to your start button.

tsuneo6

Admirable
Aug 22, 2014
the best thing to do is to look see what motherboard you have, then go and download the manual. there they explain where to put those cables. the reason why your PC wont start it that one of those cables is connected to your start button.

Solution

Hotrod89

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I found the model its a DFI Lan Party UT X58-t3eh8. the labeling on the header is too confusing,kinda makes it look like the connectors overlap in a way.