New Mac Mini

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

They might as well have. The pricing is absolutely criminal.

What even happened to the quad-core model??

All the more expensive models are worse off this round.

I guess if you can rationalise the $499 model... but that Macbook Air-class CPU...

You'd also need to pry that thing open and stuff in an SSD, at least.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
The new mddl is the same as mine which is 2011 one. The only difference is the video card graphics mine is 4000 the new one is 5000 big deal.I am not a gamer at all.Would you sell what I own now for the new one plus I have 8 gigs of memory also.A SSD would have been nice also. I agree.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Are you kidding me. Apple is getting stronger since S. Jobs died.There quality control is excellent and so is their customer service.

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
No, Marv, really.
Their OS has never been so bad. More and more companies are breaking contracts with Apple (at least, here, in Europe).
The idea of a watch doesn't please swiss watchmakers for example.
Swatch group is a bit upset.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

Wrong. Needlessly making the Mac Mini harder to repair is a stupid move on their part.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Naturally they want you to buy the next step up the better and costlier model.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

Which is inferior to the previous top model.

This is a regression.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
naturally it is.

ldeezy86

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
The only thing natural is history's repetition. The Apple brand is becoming crap again as they focus on profits instead of innovation outside the direction of Jobs. As you can see, the stock has been declining ever since the new heads took over and jobs died. This is why im back on the Windows platform after many years of being a Mac head. And I guess the CEO thought coming out the closet would pick up support like chicfila. Problem is these aren't cheap delicious sandwiches they are selling. It's inflated locked down hardware at a premium price with OSs that are buggier than ever. I'll pass on all their products until they stop being .."happy".