Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 for gaming?

Solution
Both are solid operating systems - I personally like Windows 8.1 over Windows 7 (never thought I would say that) for new computers. The only downside is some of the older hardware (printers, scanners, etc) are not compatible. If you have devices bought in the last couple of years, they should all work. I purchased Start8 to go with Windows 8 - and it looks and feels really close to Windows 7 with additional features.
Both are solid operating systems - I personally like Windows 8.1 over Windows 7 (never thought I would say that) for new computers. The only downside is some of the older hardware (printers, scanners, etc) are not compatible. If you have devices bought in the last couple of years, they should all work. I purchased Start8 to go with Windows 8 - and it looks and feels really close to Windows 7 with additional features.

Solution

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
I second that advice. I never thought I'd like Windows 8, but with Start8 it operates just like Windows 7, and it does have improvements over Win 7. I would also advise to go with Windows 8.

P.S. I LOVE the task manager in Windows 8 much more than that of Windows 7. You can see the hard drive activity on every hard drive and the network activity on every network port, all from the main Performance tab of the Windows 8 task manager.

Codbo2

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

Could I possibly get an Aero theme for Windows 8.1? That's really the only thing I would miss from Windows 7.

manidontevenknow

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
i cant find the exact page now but when i was deciding between a intel or amd cpu i found some benchmarks comparing same hardware vs win 7 and 8. windows 8 on average has more fps and is alot snappier than 7

TRENDING THREADS