Monitor won't wake up after sleep and monitor black after idle

septiczz

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Hi guys I have Sapphire R9 270X Toxic. I built my PC in July 2014 and never had any problems until now. When I put my PC into standby mode and wake it up the monitor remains off and the power indicator on my case blinks as if it is still sleeping, however it isn't as all the fans inside the case are running.

Another issue is when I leave my computer alone for some time and return the screen has turned off, but when I got to wake up the computer the monitor turns on but all I see is black.

BigBadBeef

Admirable
Why don't you post another 8 more times, I'm sure you'll get somebody's attention then!
Yeah I got the same problem too, you can fix it by disabling sleep mode in windows 8, configure it so that it will only turn off the monitor and nothing else. Its a Radeon thing.

septiczz

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

There is no need to be rude, I have looked for multiple solutions and none worked for me hence why I requested for help.

Here_to_lern

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Not sure if you solved your problem yet. Disabling sleep may work for a while, but you may have a bad power supply in your monitor. Not sure if you are saying the light on the computer or monitor case is blinking. My monitor light would blink as if in sleep mode. Turned out I had two blown caps. Replaced them and all is good.