Epic fast.. then crap.. BE WARNED! Difficult Problem :o

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Hello! you epic people of this community, not sure if this is the right place to ask about my problem, but here goes!:

Recently about 2 months ago i had just got my last piece for my new high-end PC.
I had but everything together and it worked fine (more or less, can go into detail if needed but it was fine after i had a look at it)

So it works extremely nice compared to my last PC and i am ohhh so happy, but.. now after 2 months i am seeing mostly in my WoW & Diablo games that it takes about the same time to load the games and the FPS is about 8-20 on ultra, was 70-120+ before, as it did on my old PC, actually abit worse then the old.. :s and pretty much everything else (Programs, e.g skype etc) is also slower, but my WoW and Diablo is so much affected by this..

BUT! when i shut my PC off and turn it on the next day or just a simple reboot, my PC is as fast as it was before and ohhh so epic, i have my battle-net from Blizzard to start on startup (Dont worry dont have all kinds of crap to startup), so if i try log in asap when my PC is ready and all, in like 5 secs~, everything is just perfect as always, but about 30 secs later, it just gets HORRIBLE!

I've really tried everything i can think of and know of how to do, i am getting to that my problem can be my SSD or Graphic Card, but i really don't know anymore... i can hardly imagine it will be because of software and it's been like this for days..

i'll bet some of you guys will come with solutions like the basics stuff, but i have probably already tried it, you're welcome to ask anyway, i'll just say i've already tried it :)

My Speecs:

I7-4790k - CPU
Kingston HyperX Predator 2 x 8 GB 2400 MHz - RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti - Graphics Card
Asus Maximus VII HERO - Motherboard
Samsung EVO 500 GB - SSD
Corsair 760i AX - PSU

I am really hoping for some help from you guys, you are my last hope before i am gonna do some of the heavy stuff as in formatting the hole system..

Let me know if you need more info :)

(May be important, but i don't know.. all my software are on my SSD, i do not have an HDD to store stuff on yet, it will come later, when i feel like it, cause i got an 500 GB SSD after all, kinda why i got that a big one, for things to go faster)

kanewolf

Titan
Even though you don't have things that you KNOW are starting at boot time, it definitely sounds like there is something running at boot. What does task manager show for CPU loading? What does task manager show for network loading? I think there is SOMETHING running that you are competing with.

Can you boot in SAFE MODE with networking and run?

Jake Fister

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
Try typing into start "msconfig" and move over to startup. Disable everything listed then over to services. Hide all Microsoft services and then disable everything. If you have a lot of programs on your computer this may cause some of them to work improperly, but you can turn the services back on later and it will be fine. Restart your computer and see if there is a difference. If there is, then it was either a startup program or service. Turn back on all the services you don't think would slow down your PC then restart again. Do this until it slows down like you described, and that will give you an idea of what is causing it.

BTW, it wouldn't happen to be an HP computer would it?

Adroid

Distinguished
It sounds to me like a virus or a memory leak of a virus type program. As Kanewolf said - my first check would be to figure out what programs are running that you do and don't know about.

How are your temperatures? Have you overclocked heavily? I would make sure your temps are good, and if you have overclocked, you might back off just to see if that is contributing to the problem.

But yea, with a system like that, you shouldn't be getting such low fps...

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

Not sure how to read the network load?
but my CPU load never gets above 50 %, like ever

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

I've tried this, all the same, no its not an HP, it is custom build with Intel

kanewolf

Titan

Network is another tab in task manager .... You need to interpret the value against your internet bandwidth. You might have a gigabit connection from your PC to your router and only use 1% bandwidth. BUT if your internet bandwidth is 10Mbit then that is 1% of gigabit.

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

http://imgur.com/4vCqkQe My CPU

Graphic Card about 28-35 Cels

Only my RAM to 1866 MHz, but tried also with them NOT clocked

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

Well yea knew where it was douuh :p just not how to read and understand it - But i've got an 50/50 Mbit connection and yea i got gigabit from my PC, there is me and my father who use the internet

kanewolf

Titan

If you have a 50Mbit connection, then 5% usage would be MAXING out your internet bandwidth. If you aren't actively doing anything your network utilization should be like 0.05% ... You may need to go to the "View" button and "Select Columns" to be sure "Network Utilization" is displayed.

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

I see some 0.01%-0.03% but i am seeing some spikes on the draft to 0.50% sometimes, probably cause i just played a little and went to some wesites (facebook, etc)

kanewolf

Titan

That is all completely normal. Your computer isn't doing something to use all the network bandwidth.

Have you run msconfig and tried "disable all" in the startup tab?

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

ok, couldent either understand how the internet connection could affect my FPS and slow program startups..

Yes i have, i've said so in another reply abit up

kanewolf

Titan

The network traffic would potentially be another clue that SOMETHING was running. Usually if you have a trojan or malware, they are using the network trying to other bad stuff....

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

I see. Well got any other things i could try? :s

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Hmm it seems my Graphic Card is from 45-50 Cel, when i am ingame/playing, is that bad? i run multi things sometimes 2 games

kanewolf

Titan

Nope. Perfectly fine.

Does Word or Excel slow down or just games?

Adroid

Distinguished
GPU Temps over 70 during gaming is starting to get hot. 80+ there is a problem and usually when throttling occurs.

CPU Temps sustained over 60 is too hot for me during normal usage.

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

Don't have Word or Excel (yet) lol, but i am quite sure they would be slow too, as even loading a picture is taking like 5 secs o_O - but again, RIGHT after my PC is booted, EVERYTHING is just perfect again, but about 30 secs or less after that, it just get crappy.

I have even freed about 62~ GB from my SSD now.. STILL the same >.<

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

Ok, thx for that, will keep that in mind :D

kanewolf

Titan

You say your CPU load never gets above 50%... do you have hyperthreading enabled? If so, then 50% is all the REAL cores ... Disable hyperthreading in the BIOS to simplify the problem. At least then we know we are working with real resources not hyperthreaded ...

Slogane

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

It's enabled yea, but it's not STUCK at 50%, it just don't go over that, normally i run from 20-35% when i run lots of stuff otherwise like 3-15 % on even more normal stuff, internet, etc.