In need of someone to revise my first build, suggest improvements and answer a few questions I have.

ccensored

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014
First of all, the build in its current state. The link is to a website I was recommended for delivery to Ireland.

Been lurking for a pretty long time here and finally registered to hopefully get some help with my first PC.
I live in Dublin, Ireland and after a couple drafts, revisions, and budget raises I came up with the build above.
I'd appreciate if some of you could have a look at what I have ready and improve on its performance/cost ratio, but keeping it in the €8-900 range, I'm new at this so it can probably be done better than what's there.

The PC will be mainly for gaming(CSGO, BF4, PayDay, Dirt3 etc.), some web design, and basic day-to-day use. I would prefer a Intel/nVidia combo mainly because I'm more familiar with those. If you're interested I'll also be getting a Ducky DK2108S Zero Shine keyboard and a BenQ XL2411Z

There's also a couple questions I've got if you don't mind answering:

• ■ I only need one Fan for my CPU, for the stock cooler, but there are two headers on the motherboard, is it possible to run a case fan off of the CPU Fan header without issue?

■ Will the 550 watt PSU be enough for this setup and not have any overheating or other issues?

■ Will the Samsung 840 EVO SSD performance issues definitely and permanently be fixed with the firmware update, or would it be safer to stick with the Pro? Or maybe a cheaper alternative to both of those?

■ And lastly, if anyone from Ireland is familiar with the website I've linked at the top, can you confirm that I'm certain to get what I ordered without an issue, should I go somewhere else(Amazon? Newegg delivers to Ireland now right?)?
All help is hugely appreciated.

ccensored

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014

Hey,
That's basically all I want the SSD for, install OS on it, and some games. I know it doesn't do anything performance wise, but the shorter boot times are enough for me to want even just a small one.

I'll look into Corsair PSUs, thanks for the heads up

I wont be overclocking either, and i guess i dont need 3 different case fans. i'll research more about it anyway

You're right, but I mentioned the EVO series because it was recently revealed that they have a fault where older blocks are read at a much slower speed. Samsung is coming out with a firmware update to fix that soon

Yeah, i'll see what I can get from Newegg and Amazon, hopefully most of it.

Thanks a lot for the reply

logainofhades

Titan
Change the PSU to a seasonic, evga, or seasonic model. Change the cpu to the i5 4460, use savings towards a possibly faster GPU, like an R9 280x. Change the SSD to a crucial MX 100, 256gb, for just a little more.