New MSI R9 270x video card not working.

Ausar

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
Hello! I have recently purchased a MSI R9 270x for a new build. I do not have an OS yet, more on that later. I installed everything (yes they are all compatible) and it worked fine, except my monitor would say "No Input *insert cable type*" (yes I have tried multiple cable and monitors). And yes, the card is correctly inserted into the PCI-16x slot. *interesting part* The card has power but the fans spin pretty slowly, stop, then do a half-spin every couple seconds (yes both 6-pin thingumabobs are plugged in correctly). I unplug one 6-pin thingumabob and its spin pretty slowly but without stopping. Then *rarely* i plug the 6-pin thingumabob back in and it runs nice and perfect, EXCEPT NO SIGNAL THROUGH CABLE. I am very frustrated at this situation *probably from lack of food* but would EXTREMELY appreciate any and all help (and hopefully solution).

BTW my power supply is a 750w so we are good there.

Solution
Unless you have documented issues where the BIOS update will fix the problem, I wouldn't update the BIOS (you can brick the motherboard in 4-8% of the BIOS updates). Regardless of it outputting signal, the fans should spin - which you state they are not....and I doubt a BIOS update will fix it.

Installing the drivers can improve video performance - but usually with no drivers installed, you get a standard VGA adapter (output sucks until you add the drivers).

DOA = Dead On Arrival

Ausar

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
I was told it would just magically work when installed but I excepted to do some BIOS updates and drivers. But i don't have another card to install them with *can't install drivers with no screen...* do you think it will work after some bios updates? And what is DOA?

Unless you have documented issues where the BIOS update will fix the problem, I wouldn't update the BIOS (you can brick the motherboard in 4-8% of the BIOS updates). Regardless of it outputting signal, the fans should spin - which you state they are not....and I doubt a BIOS update will fix it.

Installing the drivers can improve video performance - but usually with no drivers installed, you get a standard VGA adapter (output sucks until you add the drivers).

DOA = Dead On Arrival

Solution