Running dual display from external graphics card and onboard graphics on the H81M-plus - possible?

Devbear

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Hey there,
I'm currently running a single display but would like to run a dual display. However, I don't want to run them both from my graphics card because I don't want to ruin the fps I get from my GTX 760.
My motherboard is an H81M-Plus and I was wondering if it's possible for me to run my second monitor off of the onboard graphics on this card? The second monitor would only be for browsing Twitch etc. whilst I played games on the main monitor connected the the GTX 760. I've tried enabling both in BIOS settings but there doesn't seem to be an option, and the onboard is not under display drivers when the GTX is connected.
Just wondering if it's even possible with this motherboard, if so could anyone give me a hand.
Thanks!

Solution
It won't affect the frame rates unless you're trying to game across multiple monitors. Heaps of people (myself included) will be gaming on one monitor with others plugged in showing the desktop. It's not an issue.
If you select both graphics adapters in BIOS, you will have the ability to run one screen off CPU integrated graphics (output on motherboard) and GPU output.

Now, I do see you have stated that there is no option. With this issue, try having the monitor plugged into the motherboard video output and not graphics card, then check BIOS if you have the ability to select both.

That said having the two screens on the one card will barely effect performance, especially if you are gaming on the one screen. People tend to game on one screen, and have the game map open on the other, which doesn't effect gameplay much at all.

Devbear

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014

Still not giving me the option, annoyingly. As yourself and the other commenter said I'll try using both monitors on the GTX and see how it goes for now. Thanks for the fast replies!