Computer randomly turns off and reboots. I feel I've troubleshooted everything.

Koaer

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
I'm stumped and have tried everything so figure I would turn here. Randomly when gaming almost always at a loading screen or when tabbing in and out. My comp will instantly turn off and restart. I have gone over a number of problems I thought it could be.

Not the RAM.
I was running two 4 gig cards. Replaced them and it still occurred with the new ones. Now simply running both for 16 since my card can support it and I am running 64 bit anyway.

Not overheating.
I opened up my video card, cleaned everything out. Replaced the thermal paste and am running msi afterburner. I don't normally get about 70 degrees and it's done this as low as 46 degrees.

Drivers.
I just updated my video card drivers and it was occurring both before and now after a recent update 9/28/14.

Not the program.
So far it has occurred over three different games. Wildstar, Heroes of the storm beta and Archeage. so various publishers and a couple different game types... I haven't even tried BF4 since it started.

Scanned for Viruses.
Oh in addition I have run both Maelwarebytes and Spybot too scan for any viruses and the like.. No dice.

Current video card: AMD Radeon HD7900Series.

Koaer

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
I have a Corsair HX750. When I built the machine in late 2012 I recall it being more then enough and I haven't added anything too it since then.

Koaer

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
Running temp isabout 40C. While gaming about 70C.

michaelhall

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
it might just be a faulty graphics card , try updating bios and restore to a time before it started to happen or re'install windows see if that helps,, your temps are still a bit high whats the rest of your specs?

me036

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
have you tried booting on safe mode if it still restart and the problem is not the ram or the gpu it might be your motherboard try getting a new