Need help with cooler option

PowerGamer1

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
first sorry for bad grammar but english is not my native language :(
Anyway...
I'm using an I5 4690K 3.5Ghz and it runs IDLE around 38-46°C with stock intel air cooler.In my opinion this is really bad and the worse thing is that while playing games like FarCry 3 , Crysis , Skyrim ( moded ) the CPU hits like 70°C and the motherboard starts doing a beeping noise until I close the game. ( probably because CPU overheated and made the motherboard hit 60°C too )
So I was thinking to get a cooler for my CPU but im on a low budget so yeah...
I dont care about overclocking.Atleast not yet.I just want to keep the CPU under 65°C.
I was thinking to go with H75 but no money so I thought to get the Corsair H60 2013 edition.
Do you think it will be able to keep the I5 under 60 or 70°C ? It really needs to be under 70°C..
Please I need some suggestions. Also a lot of people told me to go with 212 EVO but lets be serious here... that air cooler doesn't look as sexy as a liquid cooler and most importantly it cant keep the I5 4690k under 70°C
help
;-;

blue17echo

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
70c is not too high for an intel proc, although it is a little scary. Also, the CM hyper 212 evo will totally keep your temps under 70c. Air coolers and AIO liquid coolers are actually extremely similar in performance.

Any aftermarket solution will help your temps, and probably keep it handily under 60c. (almost any, anyhow, excepting fanless coolers and very low end low profile coolers)

PowerGamer1

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014

I play really demanding games.
Far Cry 3, every setting maxed out. Cry Engine 3.5.8 SDK, Crysis with Shader IV mod and all that.
This is why I want a cooler that will sure keep my CPU cool and under 60 or 70°C

Taylor Larson

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
There's really nothing sexy looking about watercooling unless you are doing a dedicated water cooling system not a stock closed loop water cooler like the H75. If you are looking to lower your temps then go with the 212 EVO, its got the best bang for the buck and it works like gangbusters. A closed loop water cooling system will do nothing better in terms of themal relief.

blue17echo

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
If you think the watercooling looks good, the H75 is fine. Zalman also makes some really cool looking heat sinks. Basically, any non stock solution will do what you are asking for. The hyper 212 EVO will probably be fine. The H75 might be overkill if you're not overclocking. But there's nothing wrong with having even lower temps.

What we are getting at is that A. the 212 EVO is as strong as any water cooler in the low to mid end and B. 70c is not a dangerous temperature for a Haswell refresh under demanding games on stock cooling.