Honorable
May 28, 2013
Ok im in the process of building a dedicated graphics/animation build
I have everything except the gpu.

Will be using maya 2015 /3d3 max and photoshop cc
i7 4770k
16gb ram
600 watt corsair psu

I hardly play games but now and again play sims 4 and civilization 5.
Will a quadro k620 run these games ?

Trying to keep the budget for the gpu under 200 .I can get a virtually new gtx 670 for 90 pounds of a friend but in not sure how it will perform in the applications i will be using and i know quadro cards have better performance across the board for the sa .id software but will it run the games i want to play .I know its not a gaming card and in general quadros suck for gaming but if it could run those games at good settings it would be fine

The GTX 670 will be fine for you applications, and even better in games.

The K620 was never intended to be a gaming card in the first place, and it;s drivers are not optimised for it.

I would get the GTX 670 from your friend, as at least friends are trusted to buy used cards from.

Sniperone

Honorable
May 28, 2013
I understand the K620 isnt a gaming card in the first place but quadros can and do run games and it must outperform gtx670 in maya and 3ds max due to its driver optimization

yes, in that aspect it does. I have a R9 290X and do all sorts of 3D rendering/2D/Programming and it does a great job, though it is not a similar card to the GTX 670, it shows that these gaming cards can do others tasks very well also.