APC Smart UPS SMT750

NyteFire

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
Bought this unit to act as back up power for a laptop and some testing equipment.
http://www.amazon.com/APC-Smart-UPS-SMT750-750VA-System/dp/B002MZW5KE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Within 24 hours of use the UPS went offline and threw an AVR Weld Relay fault. Talked to a tech and changed some settings. Few days later UPS was off line again. Rebooted and it was running for 6 days until it went offline again. This time with another AVR Weld Relay fault code. I also looked into the data logging and it was showing that the input power, the power coming from the line into the UPS, was sporadically low, coming in at around 74v.

Restarted the device and it was saying line in power 74v. I unplugged it from the wall and tested with a multimeter and the line voltage was 120v.

Anyone else have issues with this type of UPS or did I just get a defunct unit off the shelf?

Any other suggestions for back up systems? Preferably one that can send out an email notification when power is lost.

NyteFire

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014

They're already sending me a replacement unit but I wanted to know if this was a common issue or if there are batter alternatives