Would an intel Pentium J2900 Bottleneck an AMD R7 240?

G

Just as the title states, I am looking to buy a computer that contains an Intel Pentium J2900 2.5 GHz CPU. I am thinking of adding an AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB Video card. Would the CPU Bottleneck it? If so, by how much.

popatim

Titan
Bottleneck what?
Are you hoping to game on this card? Bear in mind that its very low end and your gaming experience will reflect that with low resolutions and low details settings.

G

I'm not looking to do gaming that is extremely heavy, I'm just looking to play Minecraft, Unturned, Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, and League of Legends. So I'm not looking to max out Crysis 3 in any way, shape or form.

It shouldn't, your CPU would do well paired with fairly stronger cards like the R7 250 GDDR5 and GTX 650 which can be found for pretty cheap nowadays. If you are dead set on the 240 and if the other cards are much more expensive in your area, be sure to get the GDDR5 version.

Your system should be fine for playing those games since they're rather resource light, though Unturned is fairly rough around the edges so performance won't be that great IIRC.

G

I was actually also thinking of a GT730 GDDR5 1GB, would that perform any better than an R7 240?

G

And also, would an R7 240 and/or a GT 730 paired with my CPU be good for recording Minecraft?