Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming - Will it fit the Cooler Master CM690II ?

HerrXRDS

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
I have a CM690II case and I want to buy a GTX 970 G1, I measured the space for the video card and it has 312mm (12.3 inch), that's exactly the listed size for the video card. I am not sure if it's going to fit this case. Has anyone managed to squeeze this card in a CM690II ?

If you insist on sticking with the same card and case, look if the case has removable HDD bays.
Such cases usually come with a surplus of bays, and the cage is removable, to accommodate long graphics cards. You could gain space easily upto 17 inches or 450 mm.

wow. why they make it that long? at least keep it at 10.5 inch which i think was the standard for nvidia cards. personally i prefer for short PCB lol.

as for CM690II as the owner myself i think the card will not fit inside the case if you're using your top x16 slot. as for the second slot i'm not really sure if the top cage will not going to hinder the card. and that's even assuming there is one space slot between the first and second x16 slot

HerrXRDS

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
I feel like Gigabyte lost a good amount of sales by making it a little bit too long, a lot of popular cases go only up to around 12 inch. The PCB on the card isn't even that long, I think it could've been done at least one inch shorter by moving the fans a little and shortening the cage. I think I will go with MSI this time, the performance difference is minimal. I can not remove the HDD tray as it is filled in.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Like I suggested above, I think it was all for show. Makes the card look powerful (which it is). But mostly unnecessary for a 145W card. Even OC'ed it won't need 3 fans and that size board and cooler.

twistator

Reputable
Apr 24, 2015
I have an CM 690 II Advanced and a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 and IT DOES FIT WITHOUT REMOVING THE DRIVE CAGE.

As you can see here: http://imgur.com/a/64zDM#12 .. there is enough space left. You might have to tilt it very slightly when putting it into the case, but it fit no problem!