Need a Monitor <1K€ Panorama, curved, 4K, G-sync and stuff for gaming.

Kzylorda

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
I know that there is no panorama, curved, G-sync and 4K monitor on the market yet, and even if there was I would have to rob a... clothes shop to buy it.
However, I actually have a 22" 1680*1050 120hz samsung Syncmaster, and I want to upgrade it. Trying to stay under the 1000€ cap, what is your favourite solution and why?
I haven't bought the new GPU yet, but they will be 2*980GTX.
Should I rather wait for something big to come soonish?

Mandatory:
- Price < 1000€
- G-Sync
- >= 1080p
- =<5ms latency
- >=60Hz
Secondary:
- 4K res
- Curved
- Panorama

Also
- IPS panel, I understand it is good to have it, but they are slower than others in terms of refresh rate, and it's not like that while I'm playing I'm moving around anyway…

Solution
The closest thing I can think of that matches what you want is the 34" Ultrawide Curved monitor LG just released. (That I'm actually planning on buying even though Lord knows I can't even push a game at decent settings on it) I believe it has a 3660x1440 resolution, 4ms response time and an IPS panel.

I think you might like the ROG Swift though if you got the money to blow.

dovah-chan

Honorable
The closest thing I can think of that matches what you want is the 34" Ultrawide Curved monitor LG just released. (That I'm actually planning on buying even though Lord knows I can't even push a game at decent settings on it) I believe it has a 3660x1440 resolution, 4ms response time and an IPS panel.

I think you might like the ROG Swift though if you got the money to blow.

Solution

Kzylorda

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
@Dovah-chan I had a look at the http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UC97, It looks really awesome, but I understand that I really want a G-Sync one, the review about G-Sync technology are way too good.
I rephrased my requirements in the initial post, what else should I keep in mind while buying a monitor?
ROG Swift may be something, but I was wandering about the alternatives.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Well normally I don't tell people about this monitor since I don't want them to sell out in the event I decide to buy one (if I don't get the Ultrawide LG monitor). This is the Overlord Tempest X270OX_AG. It's a 1440p IPS monitors (that means much better color reproduction and viewing angles than the TN based Swift) that has a special controller which enables you to overclock it past the average 60Hz and up to 120Hz. There is no G-Sync support (but unless Nvidia opens the standard it will be overtaken by Freesync which is VESA approved and going to be in the next display port revision). Anyways this is a really compelling offer as its much less than the swift and has a superior panel and isn't that much more than the current gray market Korean 1440p monitors. (if not the same price as many with an American based manufacturer) This monitor was covered on Tom's a few months ago and I think it's an amazing deal.