29 inch 1080p Ultrawide or 32-40 inch 1080p TV ?

spiwar

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
I'm struggling between a 29-inch 2560x1080p monitor (the LG 29um65) and a 32-inch or 40-inch TV (sony 32w674a or 40r452a). I'll mainly use it for movie watching, reading, and gaming (i don't often play competitive games so i don't really care about display lag.).They're all at the same price in my region. Is 21:9 really worth it over 32 inch TV? which one has the best image quality? Which one should i choose?

Used ultra Wides in the past and i can certainly recommend them over the standards. When gaming, the images aren't stretched but there is increased Field of view, which is certainly great. Compared to a television, the monitor outshines even more. Not only do T.V.'s tend to hurt your eyes when seated close, the LED Ultra wide is an IPS panel, even better the the standard televisions LED LCD panel. Images will be more sharp and colours will be much better, the overall experience you will also fine better.

I'd get the LG LG 29UM65

spiwar

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
I won't seat really close and if i buy the TV i can even sit and play from my bed . 21:9 is really phenomenal too, playing RPG and RTS on it will be a pleasure, but the only thing that's bothering me is... i watch a lot of 16:9 content, i don't like black bars, cropping seems to be fine but i would lose some detail if i do that.