Looking to build a new PC between $1,300-$1,500

zekester10

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013
Hey guys, I'm looking to build a new PC hopefully by December and I would appreciate some input on the parts I've chosen. Well it's more of a whole PC upgrade because my previous build has become quite old and can't keep up with the games I play and the games that were recently released (eg. Shadow of Mordor) I will probably use this PC around 12-16 hours a day mainly for gaming. I live in the Philippines so my budget would be between ₱60,000-₱70,000. Would these parts work well with each other or would you guys recommend another piece of hardware that would work better?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 140XL
Mobo: Asus Z97-A
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3-1600 x2
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II
Case: Corsair 400R
PSU: Corsair TX650M 650W
HDD: Western Digital Black 2TB

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
With that cooler and motherboard do you want the 4690"K" for sure.
Do you really need a 2tb hdd?You could go for a seagate ST1000DM003 1tb with maybe an ssd to go with it for about the same price or at least similar? I don´t know about the prices there.
Look at the gtx 970 and-or the r9 290)X as other options for a gpu.Again prices ...
There are by now better psu´s than this one,maybe there´s a site you´re looking at? It's not a bad one btw.

zekester10

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013
I was planning to go for a 4690K i just haven't seen one in stores here. But if i find one I will definitely get that one.
Hmm.. Good point I'll consider getting a 1TB instead with an ssd. As with brand though, would Seagate be better than WD? I've seen some articles that Segates are more prone to failing compared to a WD?
As for the 970, as far as I know there aren't any for sale in the Philippines yet. (maybe someone could confirm) and guessing about how the video card prices go here, it'll probably add another ₱10,000 ($230) so that's out of my budget unfortunately.
If the psu is still good I think I'll keep it but if you or anyone could suggest a better one for about the same price that would be much appreciated.
You can just suggest them to me in USD I'll worry about the conversion and inflation.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
For a psu in some different price ranges,
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/evga-power-supply-110b20750vr%2Crosewill-power-supply-capstone550%2Cxfx-power-supply-p1650snlb9/

zekester10

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013
Thanks! I'll check around the stores here to see if they have these in stock. Hopefully they have at least one of these here.

Any other recommendations and comments are still welcomed of course. :D

Teemi

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
I would go for a cheaper case like the 300r and the wd blue hdd instead of the black (it doesn't really make a difference in gaming). Then you can put the savings toward a gtx 970.

zekester10

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013
That seems like a good idea. I might just do that, but first i have to find a gtx 970 here haha. Hopefully by December the 970s will get to the Philippines.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Seagate is btw a good brand,at least this 1tb is a good choice.
I've come across those stories too and found out the most important one was a company who used costumer grade hdd's (seagate) in a data storage facility or something like that which they aren't meant for.The WD red are for instance for that purpose better.
You could use the WD blue if you like that better,but this seagate is often a cheaper choice and comes as quite fast (for an hdd) out of tests.

zekester10

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013
Okay I see, I'll look for what's cheaper here then.
Thanks for the replies so far! I'm getting really pumped to build this PC.
:mdr: