Shame on Evga

new2019

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
Here is my story : This explains how I got ripped off by evga!!
I bought a mobo from ebay , it came in perfectly . Then I used it for couple of months , then mobo started to random reboot and freeze. So I searched all over internet to find a solution but didnt. So I started an RMA with evga , it took 4 days to get the aproval from Taiwan RMA dept, so I printed the rma invoice and before packing the board I took couple of pictures of cpu socket and the board along with its serial numbers.
Then I shipped it , after a week time the tracking showed as delivered but they said they didnt get the board so I waited another 4 days then they said they got the board and they want to test it , so gave another two days . Then all of sudden I get a mail after two days saying that one pin on cpu socket is missing ( I was like WT ) they sent me the picture of the socket showing the missing pin , but I said them I'm 100% sure I sent in the board without any damages to cpu socket , they didnt trust me then I sent them the picture , after 3 days I get a reply saying that I have damaged it ,this is so stupid because I know for sure I didnt damage it also my pictures proves that I'm talking the truth. They were silent for 3 days not reply . They do have a contact number but no one answers the phone. This is the WORST RMA EXPERIANCE THAT ONE WOULD GET !
I dont know why evga does this to me , I guess they just damage the board to avoid the warranty . I'l upload the pictures related to this issue. So future buyers can avoid evga.
I'm filing a case against this issue in my local court so they can ban the product from selling in my country.
I dont care about the money , what I care is they ripped me off .
My friend had a similar experiance with evga but it was for a vga though.
I have been with evga for 6 years and this is what I get in return , a big thanks to evga .
I'm moving to gigabye no one offers warranty like them .

But the best warranty I have seen is gigabye , they sent in new cpu , mobo , ram ,psu for the damage that was caused due to failed evga psu, they didnt even give a replacement for the psu.
SHAME ON EVGA!!!

Pictures that I took before shipment:
y713eH.jpg

IDNrWt.jpg

O2Jbm1.jpg

Picture they sent me:
LEy666.jpg

new2019

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
I say from my heart , never ever get evga , they are full pile of scammers.
Because they couldn't give out a response for what I posted they locked the thread , see they are such loosers .
Damn never get evga .

new2019

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014

They carry warranty on serial based not owner based.

EVGA_ChrisB

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
Dear new2019,

I can confirm that the problem is not just that the CPU pin was damaged prior to being received by EVGA, but also that the motherboards circuit board was accidentally dropped and physically damaged prior to being shipped to EVGA as you had told us through email.

I can confirm that I am trying to reach out to you to discuss this further with you, but please understand that there are limitations to what is covered by the warranty.

I would also like to mention that I am not showing any previous inquiry of a power supply, but I can assure you that if you do have a problem with one of our power supplies, we are here to help.

there you go any brand that receives a board like you claim will tell you the same as evga.. sad thing it seems with intel boards if you look over at newegg theres a lot of them bent pin reviews on them regardless of brand -

as with them is it a weak spot for intel?? is it due to not carefull when installing the chip?? dude its a catch 22 and you just rolled snake eyes

I don't know what the deal is on that cause I yet to get a new board with bent pins or I have yet to goof up and cause bent pins so like as you when I read reviews like this I assume its user abuse .. now if I were to get a board with factory bent pins then I will change my thoughts on that or if I cause the bent pins then I will cruse and hav a fit for about 1 hr and go back to newegg and put another one in the cart and move on with life ..